Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

If you don't know anything don't send that email

Today I have been reading a lot about how some people think that James Martell’s sites are just search engine spam.

When you look at some of the sites it’s kind of hard to argue with them.

Then I get an email from a list I signed up for the email that says:

In order to find my niche, which tool would give me supply demand and bids on keywords? It seems that Wordtracker, Overture and Nichefinder make you join to do so. How do I find the bids on keyword without having to join?

How much money can I make in the first month (6 months, year) as an affiliate?

Because I don't know how much time and effort you can afford to put into your site in the first month, that question is virtually impossible to answer.

I also don't know which products you plan to promote, what your site will look like, how your product endorsements are written or what marketing methods you plan to use, OR how much traffic you will get.

Even if I DID have all that information, I couldn't tell you exactly how many of your visitors will become buyers.

It comes down to this...

It's up to each affiliate to make sure they promote products that people want in a way that makes people want to buy them.

But you CAN get started out on the right foot by studying…

They go on to plug the stuff they are selling.

I have to ask myself, why did I waste my time reading this?

The next question is, how much more time am I going to waste reading more stuff from this person?

And their excuse about “I can’t tell exactly…” so I’m not going to tell you anything really bugs me.

It reminds me of something my brother would say when we were about 7 years old.

If you’re going to send out emails don’t just totally waste people time, it takes the same amount of time to tell them something useful.

For example,  I have numbers on 100 people they made an average of $500 their first 6 months.

I used fewer words and gave a lot more information.

If you have no idea what your talking about, so you just say, “I can’t tell you exactly…” to cover up your lack of knowledge, then write about something else that you know a little bit about.    </end rant>