Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Friday, December 23, 2005

Alink Review of Link Exchange Software:

Alink review of link exchange software:

No categories, and can’t find how to add them.

Looks like it creates a html file on your computer then you have to upload it to your server – this is some extra trouble but the program runs faster since it is local so the trade off might be worth it. And I usually only update the links every couple days anyway.

I typed something in the category field and it crashed the program, not the best way to start.

The email looks like it might actually work, you can copy it to your clipboard then it has a menu item in the program to paste in all the fields.

When importing data from your email the example uses linkback: this does not work.

The program shows LinkPage: this does not work either, after about 20 different tried I was about to give up when I tried

link:

This works.

Now I just have to figure out how the categories work and find out where it is putting the html page that it creates.  

It looks like it will do multiple sites, but saving different databases, so this should work for me.

I set preferences for output folder and template and then when I clicked on generate it made the files and put them in the folder I entered.

So it looks like it works now.

Took one hour to get it working but should be much faster next time, not so many things to figure out.

The template looks like it will be very customizable, and it puts the title as the name of the category this is good for SEO so all the titles are not the same.

The categories as just typed in, I was making it too difficult, I don’t know why it crashed the program the fist time I tried it, seems to work fine now.

Crashed the program again that’s twice in the last 10 minutes so it looks like it is a bit touchy but hopefully when I get used to working it I will do a lot less clicking and just keep lots of backups.