Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Friday, December 02, 2005

Registered The Wrong Domain Name

I just purchased a domain name for 2 years, it was kind of late when I was ordering it.

That’s my excuse anyway.  

What I did was I ordered the name HOME-FAMLY-ENTERTAINMENT.com

And of course I wanted family not famly.

I wrote Godaddy.com and asked them about this, and they said:

  • Thank you for contacting customer support. Go Daddy, as your domain registrar, can not change or edit a domain name after it is registered. The domain registration systems are built to register a domain exactly as entered. So when your registration succeeds charges are incurred on your account even if the domain entered was not what you intended to type or register. Registrations are not refundable as we are charged the moment any domain is submitted. Keep in mind you can attempt to register the correct spelling of your domain name at any time providing it is still available. To register the correct spelling of your domain name follow the link below. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
I didn’t really think they would do anything, I was thinking it would be nice if they would let me register the name I wanted at their cost, or at some discount.  At least then I would know they cared about my troubles.  *lol*