Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Looking For A Domain Name Registrar

I am going to register some new domain names.  I have some really bad ones so hopefully this time I will end up with some better domain names.  *smile*

I have been looking at www.domainsarefree.com but a quick search on Google turns up several comments like this:

  • WelcomeAbout 2 week ago i was register one domain in domainsarefree.com Also i paid for domain forwarding. They get money from my CC (credit card) but domain is still not register. I try many time contact with this register and nothing- no respond. What can i do at this moment? Please help!

  • I still have 2 domains with them, but i cancell my account already & soon will transfer these domains else ware. Domainsarefree's support is terrible, no replies at all.

  • I've only had one question for DomainsAreFree support, and it was answered, though they were slow - about two days.
Not exactly the kind of company I was hoping for, but I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.

So now I am a little concerned about the company I register with, and trying to save 3 bucks I don’t want to take on a lot of headaches.

I found out that ICCAN will register companies then if there is a problem you can complain to them.

www.internic.net is where the list of companies they want you to deal with.

After looking at about 30 different companies it looks like 625domains.com is one of the cheapest ones.  I just can’t bring myself to spend $35 to register a domain name I don’t care how good their service is.

My guess is that I am going to pay $6.25 to register the domain name, but with these companies you never really know…

Ok, I start the process and “!$6.25 Domains! Network, Inc.” wants to charge me $35.00 to register a domain name.

These guys are really annoying, I feel like registering a complaint against them.

I might do that tomorrow when I have more time.