Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Security.symantec.com Virus Checking Online

I was running a virus checking program from the internet, that is the only way to do it because they change so fast by the time you load it onto your computer it is outdated.

Anyway, I was using a couple different sites

security.symantec.com is one but they stopped working several months ago and I have not been able to use them since.  Today I ran Firefox on my computer and then I renamed this file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ect\hosts to [hosts.bad] (you could just delete it)

Now the security site is checking for viruses again, it does not work with firefox. They require that you have Explorer version 5 or higher.

But I am happy it is working, one more way to check for viruses on my computer.