Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Quicktime is a Software Virus Program

Quicktime is a software virus program as far as I am concerned.

When I am unfortunate enough to stumble across a site that happens to use their software I get a screen that asks me if I want to install quicktime.

But before it asks me this question it partially installs itself on my computer and imbeds itself in my startup system configuration so that every time I turn my computer on it loads itself onto my computer.

This slows down the performance of my computer and when you get enough of these time wasting programs then your computer grinds to a halt.

A virus is a program that spreads itself onto people’s computers, with out their consent and cause problems.  That’s exactly what Quicktime does to my computer.

I have uninstalled this program several times and sooner or later this software virus makes its way back on my computer.

So this is what you have to do to stop it, first don’t agree to download it when it asks you.

When you see the message it will have already infected your computer so you have to click [start] [run] then type [msconfig]
From here you will click on the [startup] tab and look for qttask uncheck the box then click [apply] and [close]
You will get a window that asks you if you want to restart your computer with some viruses this is important, with quicktime it does not make any difference it will be disabled the next time you boot up.