Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Registering Domain Names

When I started getting interested in the internet one of the first things I did was purchased about 50 domain names.

I thought there is a short supply of domain names so I better grab all I can now because tomorrow they may not be here.

That was over a year ago and I just renewed some of the domain names I bought.  It was not smart to buy them in the first place then to renew them was just plain dumb.

Oh well, I have grown attached to some of them even if they are lame.

This one www.goodjobguys.com this is one of the better ones.  I have some like www.mg21.com and www.rad5.com then from there they go drastically down hill.

I would say 45 of the 50 are what you would call worthless.

Looking back what I would do different is I would buy one domain name and work with it until I really needed a second one.  Having several dozen useless domain names really does you no good.

The ws and info extensions are mostly worthless, I probably won’t buy any more of these.  Stick with the .com’s and just put a bunch of hyphens in the name if you can’t find something you like.

The .net names I would consider if I found one I really liked, but I would probably lean more toward a longer .com name.

Using keywords in your domain name is handy.  None of the names I bought have any keywords in them at all.