Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nucleus Blog Software Review - Part 2

It looks like everything is working, and when I click on the link I can log into Nucleus.

I click on "add item" - I am trying to make my first post.

There is an option at the bottom to set a date to add - that's kind of interesting.

Ok, my first post showed up on my blog.  That was easy.

The add item seems to work fine.

It asks you for a category for your post, I selected new and after I posted it asked me for a category name and description.  That went well.

There is a sections to change skins, but it says I have no "Available Skins" so I could probably figure out how to load a skin and change my blog with out that much trouble.

There is a link for template that looks like it will easily allow you to change the layout of your post, it has tags like <h2><%date%> so I could move the date to the bottom if I wanted to - which I may do later.

When I created this blog I logged in with the account name Mayor, now I am not that happy with Mayor since it puts that name on every post.

I would like to change the side bar, but I can't quite figure out how to do it, I have gone through all the menu items and most of them seem self explanatory - just nothing jumps out at me about modifying the side bar.

The first post I made gave me a URL of http://www.deep8.com/index.php?itemid=2

I want to figure out how to get a more search engine friendly URL.