Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blogger Problems Day 2


I have 3 different hosts and Blogger can't publish to any of them now, so I am confident the problem is not on my end.  

Just checked and Blogger can publish to their Blogger.com site if you use Word, I still have a test blog hosted there and I made several test posts. But this does not help me much since all my blogs are hosted elsewhere.

It is starting to look like I am getting too dependent on Blogger and Word, maybe I should diversify and look at other publishing options.

The obvious choice is movable type, it seems to be the most popular software or at lease used by the most number of  bloggers.

Searching on Google I am finding all kinds of sites that talk about converting movable type to a Word document, but who cares about that? – not me.

The last thing I need is to convert something to a Word document.

I can't believe that everyone is using online software to blog with, it is so outdated.

After using Word for blogger I could never go back to online software ever again, I am spoiled rotten.

I just start up my Word software when ever I feel like it and type, no waiting for a page to change no waiting online for anything.

When I am done, I click on publish, and in one second that's it. I am done.

The poor people who are still using online software to publish I really feel sorry for them.

When I am online I have to worry:

  • will the page change

  • will I lose my work

  • will this hang in the middle of what I am doing

  • will my browser crash
This is like going from dial up to cable internet. Once you experience the speed and control you can never go back.

My advice to you is - if you’re not using Word to publish to your blog then forget what you have read here, and save yourself. It is too late for me, I have been hopelessly brainwashed I will never be able to go back again. But if you run now you can save yourself. Never publish from Word, not even one time - or you will become addicted just like me.

I have been looking for about 2 hours for another solution to publishing a blog.

Nucleus and w.blogger look like they might so something similar to what I need.