Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Anonymous Web Surfing

I was applying for a link exchange at a couple websites and I got an email that I was banned.

This means that if I go back to their website they will not allow me to apply because they have my IP address and will know it is me.

I took this as a challenge so I looked around a little on the web using Google and this is what I came up with.

http://www.showmyip.com/

This site is where you can go to see what your IP address is and some other information that is available to everyone about you.

Go to that site, then open a new window and then go to this site:

http://www.behidden.com/

Look at the box under – try our Anonymous Web Surfing For Free

Paste in the URL from showmyip website and presto now you’re some other surfer from Germany.

So there is my 30 second fix if you want to surf and you don’t want anyone to know who you are or where you’re coming from.  

I will try this out in a while to see how it works; I have some very high expectations for this working.  

My backup solution is to get out a modem and try and find a free dial up service that will give me a new ip.   I should add the whole reason I have this problem is I have cable internet that always uses the same IP address for me and screams “here I come and I’m using Comcast” to every site I visit.

This is the string my computer sends out to all other computers when I go to their website

c-24-7-193-19.hsd1.ca.comcast.net

Some people are smart enough to be able to decode this and tell that I am in California and I am using Comcast internet service. (I don’t know how they do it, just smart I wreck’n).

Behidden changes that string to this:

u15177982.onlinehome-server.com

Now if anyone can look at that and figure out that I am in California and using Comcast then I am really impressed.

My next best solution is to drive to my mom’s house and use her computer.  

I am not too excited about either one of these solutions, hopefully behidden will work and I will be able to pull this off.

Next week I will try it and see how it goes.