Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Friday, September 23, 2005

Blogger Microsoft Word Add-on

Well it looks like I have a clear winner.   Blogger, with the new Blogger Microsoft Word Add-on, publishing is really slick.

I can type something in Word quick and easy, no waiting for a slow online server.

Plus Microsoft Word has a great spell checker, and a Grammar checker.  I really didn’t know how much I would use the grammar checking until I started using Word 2003.

The main thing I do a lot is type extra spaces after commas and in between certain words, usually when I make a mistake and back up some how an extra space get in there and I never see it.

Well with Word there is a little green line under it and then I notice it.

Blogger also has the best back up feature ever.  Blogger keeps a copy of your site on their system plus you have a copy on your server too.  If you decided to change servers just type in the new password and account name and click publish.

That is unbeatable for moving your system.

I wanted to try and use Nucleuscms.org I really wanted to set it up and see how it went.

While I was reading through their forum I started reading the instructions for backing up your blog and moving it to a new server.

There was a lot of code you need to know, plus backing up you’re mysql database and moving it.  Then some people had problems with the file structure when then reinstalled their mysql database on the new server.

Then there were the little reminders don’t for get to copy all these extra files too.

I am not knocking Nucleuscms many people seem to really like it, but with any CMS system like that there is a learning curve and a lot of time you need to invest to get it running and keep it going.

Jay Leno owns some steam powered cars and I saw him get ready to drive one, he had a blow torch and was under the car warming something up for 10 minutes, then he had to pump some oil in some tank then do about 15 other things.

Then after about an hour the car started and he drove it.

My car I put the key in and when I turn it, the car starts. That’s how I feel about Blogger, it just works and why would I want to send a hour getting another system to work.

Until I can come up with a really good reason for that I am going to stick with Blogger and keep using the Blogger Microsoft Word Add-on that I like so much.