Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Monday, September 19, 2005

Computer Virus free removal

I just received another email about getting a computer virus that will set your computer on fire or something equally stupid like that.

I have been hearing about these super viruses for about 20 years now, and it’s only been lately that they have really started to be a problem – a problem for me that is.  I am sure if you’re running a network and you got shut down by some virus that set your whole system on fire then your opinion will differ.

But for the average user your solution is very simple,  just go to this site:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

My first 20 or so years online I think my computer got a grand total of 2 viruses, now I get about 2 a week.  

So things have changes as far as viruses go.  From the 100’s of viruses that have infected my computer exactly 1 has caused a problem.

When I deleted it windows would not run because it installed itself in a critical windows file.  So I had to reinstall windows that took about 10 minutes.

You should always have your windows install disk handy anyway.

One more thing, I also don’t use outlook for my email.  Almost all virus programs are written for Microsoft programs, and a lot of them work with Outlook, so if you don’t use Outlook all those viruses are harmless to your computer.

I use foxmail and I am very happy with it, no viruses and it works great.

So there is your free virus protection plan, it has always worked for me and kept my computer virus free (mostly).