Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Setting Up A New Blog

I am still working on setting up a new blog, I really like blogger but there are a couple of disadvantages to it.

In my book the backup feature makes it all worthwhile though.

But I am never satisfied so I looked up 20 sites on the internet that claim to be Blogging networks.  To me this means that the same person or same group of people have more than one blog that they work on.

This is what I found out about these 20 blogs that I happened to run across.

Keep in mind this is not very scientific, and it is a very small sample size.

But here are the results:

7 used Wordpress

6 used Nucleuscms.org

4 used Moveable type

3 wrote there own software

Nucleuscms.org surprised me a little because I have never heard of them before. The 3 that wrote their own were all php nuke based.

I was really hoping to find a couple that used blogger.com but I didn’t see any.  I think it is because of the lack of categories, I have kind of worked around this by setting up 6 different blogs each is kind of its own category.  

I have them all on different sites, but you could put all of them under the same domain name as long as you didn’t want 1000 different categories this solution should work fine.

If you use index.html for the main blog then different pages for the other blogs then you can link them together in the side bar, you have just essentially created some categories.

Since it only takes 2 minutes to set up a new blog it’s not that difficult.

Some of the other CMS systems you could spend 10 hours trying to get your categories to work so 2 minutes is nothing.

Anyway Nucleuscms.org was the only one that said they had a one click backup so I though I might give them a try and see how much time it would take to set up a blog using their software.