Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Now I Like Bloglines

I didn’t like www.bloglines.com when I first tried using it, I found out that it takes a little while to grow on you.

Now I love it.  At first I didn’t like all the clicking you have to do since each entry is in a folder - like your windows file system.

But after you get it set up and start using it, then it becomes really useful.

The main reason is that you can add a lot of RSS feeds and it will show you only the new posts.

At first I didn’t think this was a big deal but now I have decided I really like it.  I can group all the similar feeds together in a folder, then I just have to click on that folder and it will show all the new entries for that entire folder.

At a glance you can see if anyone has updated any blog on your list, this is a real time saver.

I was sold on www.my.yahoo.com before but now that I have bloglines all set up I have stopped using yahoo completely.

I didn’t realize how inconvenient it was to keep reading the same posts over and over again.  You can get by if you don’t have many RSS feeds your keeping track of but once you start adding them it’s kind of addictive and now I follow more than 30 of them.

This would be difficult and a real time waster with yahoo.

So if you haven’t tried bloglines I would recommend you stop by and give them a shot.