Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Sunday, September 25, 2005

James Martell

I have noticed I am using Google to figure out how to use the English language and spelling more and more.

Most of the time it works great, but sometimes you have to be careful.

I didn’t know if James spelled his name James Martell or James Martel.

So I checked Google and found:

  • James Martel - 1,660,000 results

  • James Martell -   725,000 results

So I decided he must spell his name with 2 l’s since that was the more popular search result.

Then I noticed one of the search results was a site I trusted

host accross 50-70 JM type sitesI don’t have james martel affiliate handbook as I understand his method prettywell when looking at some of his older sites. I noticed he has a unique IP for ...www.associateprograms.com/discus/sutra57049.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

I figured Associateprograms probably knows what they are doing and has the right spelling.

So I have two sources for confirmation, usually I only need one.

Then I searched for:

  • James Martell affiliate marketer 114,000

  • James Martel affiliate marketer 29,600

This surprised me because the results where not consistent.

Then I had to know so I searched Google again and ran down his website.

There I found out that he spells it Martell on his own site.

I go back and click on the link for Associateprograms and I find out that it goes to their forum, it was just a post by some ill spelling poster.

So I am much more careful when I use Google to spell and check out people’s names.