Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Move Content Above Code for Menu

This is a test to see if I can send tables with Word.

There are a bunch of things that bug me, that's what makes me such a mess at running a web site.

For example I want to have my menu's on the left side of the page but I want the main content to be listed first, above the menu for SEO reasons.

Why I make decisions like this I have no idea, I just get these wacky ideas then waste hours and hours trying to come up with a solution for them.

Anyway I think this one is kind of useful so here's my favorite solution to the problem.

I know you can do it with CSS but I really don't like that solution since it is so non-standard and every browser seems to display it differently.
I like simple solutions that work well.

So here is my simple solution, the yellow box you leave empty and there are ways to crush it so that it's small. I left it large just so you can see it and get the idea.


Title

content goes here

menu goes

here




This makes your title first, your content second, and your menu last. And that's the way search engines like to see things.