Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blogger Still Having Problems

It looks like Blogger is still having problems today.  I tested a couple posts using their site and those posts are gone.  So if you’re using the blogger site make a backup first and be very careful when publishing to your blog.

Using Word to publish it looks like several of the posts made it to Blogger but did not get published to my site, so when they get their problems straightened out I can just go back to the blogger site and click on “republish my entire site” and it will catch up on the posts that are missing.

I didn’t really keep track of all the posts that I have sent in the last few days but it looks like I may need to start doing that.  It’s probably not a bad idea anyway to make sure they get published safely, and make a backup.

My guess is that about 2 out of 3 actually got published using Word. Funny that Microsoft Word is working noticeably better than Bloggers own site for publishing.

I just went back and looked over my posts again and can’t find any posts that got lost with Word, but like I said I didn’t write them down so I could have lost one and just not remember it.

I am a little disappointed with Blogger, they had been working so great I was so confident in their site.  But I guess it’s good to have a wakeup call before things get serious.  Since I use Word to publish everything, except when I am just testing something, I probably didn’t lose anything.  

So I should be happy about that…