Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

First Glitch Using Blogger

I have been using blogger for several months now and have never had a problem with it.  And with the Microsoft Word ad-on it is just fantastic.

I just tried to modify my blog from the blogger site and I noticed it was having trouble so I went to my Word software and published a several posts.  Just to see what would happen.

Well it looks like 3 of them have disappeared.  This is really concerning since I have become so used to Blogger working like a charm I have started just sending off my writing and then deleting it without even saving a copy because I have become so confident in Bloggers reliability.

I know I should keep backups and all I have to do is click save file so its not like I have to do a lot of extra work.  But I guess I better start being a little more careful.

The posts I lost just said this is a test, but sometimes I work for hours and send off my work.  From now on I think I will start saving it first then checking to make sure it finds its way there.

I have no idea if any of the other posts I sent off didn’t make it or not because I frequently never check to see.

This has been a cheap lesson for me to start being a little less trusting.

I have to go back up a couple things now.