Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nucleus Blog Software Review - Part 5

The problem as I see it is you have to get the links set up with the title in the URL - then you have to reprogram the software to also use those same titles.  and getting the software and the .htaccess files to work together seems like it could be a problem.

Nucleus also uses a little more java script than I like.

Perhaps someone will come out with a cool plug-in that will allow all this to work together and give you URL’s like Blogger does but it’s not going to be me who does it.

Adding a New Skin to Nucleus

I decided to downloaded the new skin that may have a feature that replaces the URL with the title the way I want.

No instructions at all. Nothing.

I go to Nucleuscms.org and they have a nice FAC that tells how to upload and install a skin, I am suppose to copy the directory to the skins directory on my server.  I check the default skin that Nucleus is using now, it has about 16 files.

The download I got has 5 different directories each with one or two files in them.  

I am ready to give up.  I can already see that once I get it uploaded then I have to install it and even though up to this point everything has worked very smooth I am not sure I want to go through the learning curve to get this to work.

I changed my mind and picked the extraskin directory and uploaded that one.

The instructions say it should show up - but it doesn't.

I am going to switch to another account at this point and try Word Press and see if my luck is any better.

I think Nucleus is  probably a good program, and it looks like it is possible to get the title of your post in the URL’s but there are several hours of work involved with it and I am not ready to invest that much time right now.