Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nucleus Blog Software Review - Part 4

There are another set of instructions here :

faq.nucleuscms.org/item/50/catid/9

It looks like a lot of steps and you can shorten the id number and remove the "?" but I don't want short numbers for my URLs I want the title if the post like Blogger has.

It looks like the best your going to do with some work is

url/item/1
url/item/2

And that's not good enough. So it looks like I am going to scrap Nucleus.

I just found a plug-in that will give you

/item/2004/01/22/title_one

type titles but search engines think that "_" is a word because of the old unix usage.
So that is very close, but it won't work.

Twenty more minutes of searching and I have found a blog that has the URLs like I want but it is in a foreign language and it looks like you have to install a special skin to get them to work.

forum.nucleuscms.org/viewtopic.php?t=3727&highlight=fancyurl

This is where they talk about it in the forum. I am not sure I want to invest the time to see if I can get this to work.

Well I have found one person in another country who was able to do produce URLs, but I doubt it can be done in less than 5 hours I have a good knowledge of mod_rewrite for the .htaccess and some programming skills but I don't want to invest the time to try and figure out how this was done.