Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Installing Firefox To Avoid Viruses

I have had some strange problems with my computer lately, more specifically with my browser.  I think.

I have run all kind of virus checking programs that have turned up nothing, only now two of my virus checking programs will not work on the internet, and when I try to go to ebay.com or paypal.com I get an error – like the site is down.

Only I know the site is up because it works on my other computers.

This has me concerned that my computer has been infected with something new that the virus scans are not picking up.

So my solution is to install Firefox.  I am not sure why I didn’t think of this earlier.  I eliminated almost all of my email viruses by switching from Outlook to Foxmail.  

I will probably get similar results switching from Explorer to Firefox.  Nobody goes through the trouble to write a virus that only works on a very small percentage of computers it’s just not worth their time.

That’s why Foxmail and Firefox browser pretty much don’t get viruses or have any of the problems that their Microsoft counterparts do.