Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Monday, November 21, 2005

FireFox Stops Annoying Ads

I usually don’t mind ads when I am using some free service like hotmail.  But I have noticed that recently the ads they have are becoming more obnoxious.

The bright orange flashing banners they have are so annoying that I have to close the page sometimes and load the emails into outlook and read them there.

I just started using FireFox and it has a feature that I am starting to like…  If you right click on the ad toward the bottom of the option list it says block images from

If you click on this option all the future ads will be blank from that site.

You have to do this for each annoying ad but it really is nice not to have to put up with the visual assault that I have to endure to read my hotmail account.

The ads that I really have a problem with are the flashing ones and the ones with bugs crawling around on them.  I have no idea what they are trying to sell because all I can do is close the page when I see either one of those.  

Now I just have to remember to use FireFox when I check my hotmail and I can put an end to all those pesky ads.