Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Monday, November 21, 2005

Copy And Past Images

Lately I have been using the screen copy feature of windows a lot.

I just had someone who was trying to copy a picture from a map web site the problem was that the image was broken up into about 15 small images and show as one.  I am not sure why they did it this way but when you try to copy it you end up with one small little section of the picture you want.

To copy all of them and try to paste them together would be way too much work.

The solution is to do a screen capture – hold down the [alt] key and press [prt scr] key.

If you have several windows open make sure the one you are trying to copy is the active window.

Then you open any picture program like the paint program that comes with windows.

Click on [edit] then [paste] and you have the whole window, now you just have to trim off the edges to get the picture you were after.

I find myself using this copy and past a lot.