Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Friday, December 23, 2005

Setting Up Alink Link Exchange Software Program

It looks like with Alink visitors have to fill out a form that gets emailed to you.  This part you have to do yourself. The program does not set this up for you.

I installed cgi-mail a while back but I have forgotten everything I knew about it.

So… I have to learn this all over again…

When will I learn to write this stuff down.

I remember I have to log onto my host and get the program copied to my domain.

From my control panel there is a cgi icon.

Then click on cgi Mail this shows a user guide message, but it also puts some files in my account that have to be there to work.

Got lucky and found an old file that had the part in it about how to code the html for the input file.  All I had to do was change the URL to make it work.

The form text file has to go in the main directory not in the cgi directory, I remember having trouble with that last time.

Also I had to create a page to jump to after the send has taken place.

The idea of using a desktop program to manage my link exchanges is starting to grow on my, I always wanted more control than I had with my server based programs.

Many times I want to send one email to someone who has a page rank 5 site and another email to a page rank 0 site.  Now I can do just that.