Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blogging Software Used - Problogger Survey

Problogger.net just did a survey and had people vote on the software the readers were using to run their blogs.

The top 3 were:

Software - Votes

WordPress.org - 371
Blogger.com - 222
Movable Type – 81

I was glad to see blogger was number 2, I think it is a great way to run a blog.  Many people don’t know how easy it is to set it up on your own site.

It is a common misconception by a lot of people that you have to host on blogspot, which is just not true.

I think if more people were aware how easy it was to set up and use. I can set up and publish to a new domain in around 60 seconds now (that’s create a new blog and post to it).

After that I just use Microsoft word and it only takes 2 mouse clicks to publish a new post (around 2 seconds).

I am sure if more people were aware of this blogger would be number one.