Website | Windows Tips | SEO

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Add Your Site With AddMe.com

I just went to www.AddMe.com and filled out all the information, these are the sites that it will send you to for free. (it is a little odd the way their pages work, you get two large buttons that take you to the next page and two smaller buttons that take you to the search engines, you have to first click one of the small buttons, then click your back button go back to their page then click the other small button, then click one of the large buttons. You do this for each page.)

Google
Scrub the web – Tells you that it didn’t work.
Burf
Alexa
Subjex.net
Lookseek – gives you a blank page, so this one probably didn’t work either.
Exactseek
Lifetips
NerdWorld
Infotiger
Focuslook
Walhello
Jayde
Entireweb

AddMe.com worked ok, all the sites were free they had listed, 2 didn’t work but the sites probably changed their submit page or something.  AddMe does ask you several times if you would like to sign up for their premium service which I don’t have a problem with, and they do give you the option to make a ROR file for your site frequently.  I am not sure how much use a ROR file would be so I didn’t make one.  It seems if it was that popular I would have heard more about it before.

More Search Engines I Tried

The following sites have nothing to do with Addme just some other search engines I was trying to add my new site to:

Fast – looks like I they don’t have a search engine any more, some software company now selling something unknown to someone, multiple sites not even sure which one was the old search engine.

Altavista – it’s hard to keep up but they have a link to Overture site match which takes you to a yahoo page.  The express inclusion option takes you to infospider.com which is a pay service. And the Basic Submit take you to a Yahoo signup page.

WiseNut – sends you to looksmart.com which is a paid service.

DirectHit – has Teoma logo all over their site, and some of the links take you to Teoma pages.  The best part is the “Link To Teoma – Free” link that takes you to a page that tells you that you can link to Teoma for free.

Oh by the way, incase you were wondering… You can link to my site for free too, just add my link to your home page – no charge. This is just one of the many free service I provide for my special customers.

It looks like Teoma has no way to add your link, they don’t want to talk about it.

HotBot – has a link on their home page that says page not found.  If you go to Lycos which hotbot is run by, they have a link to isubmit.com where you can enter all your information for the free signup only to be asked to enter your charge card information, if you want to enter your credit card information and take a chance on them not charging you, this never works out for me so I just closed my browser.